The Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering – IMGGE (www.imgge.bg.ac.rs) has been awarded a grant financed by the EU to implement the Project SERBORDISInn.
The main objectives of the Project are building up an Expert Centre (ExCe) for molecular genetics (MGs) of rare diseases (RD) in IMGGE, and implementation of novel approaches for improvement of basic and applied biomedical science of RD in IMGGE. The novel methodologies will be chosen to set the stage for future improved research that is going to take place in IMGGE. It is also envisioned that SERBORDISinn Project gives a great contribution to innovation capacity building and improvement of Intellectual Property (IP) and protection of know-how in IMGGE. Additionally, building of strategic partnership and local network is planned with Serbian clinical centers, hospitals SMEs, as well as with potential funding institutions and donors.
Therefore the IMGGE wishes to hire one experienced technician with expertise in medicine or biology to reinforce research and applied biomedical science activities of IMGGE and contribute to achieving the Project’s goals and objectives.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Technician in medicine or biology will conduct activities related to reinforcement of research potential of IMGGE by ensuring efficient application of novel and upgraded methodologies acquired through the Project and interpretation of the molecular diagnostic data obtained using new methodologies .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Improve research potential of IMGGE by applying new and improved currently used methodologies in biomedical science
- Test new and updated diagnostic methodologies
- Ensure precise interpretation of the data obtained by newly acquired equipment.
- PhD / Master of Science degree in medicine or biology
- Experience in the interpretation of data using following methodologies: DNA sequencing, NGS
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative cross-functional environment.
Candidates are invited to send their CVs no later than November 30nd 2015, 12 pm, via e-mail email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be invited to an interview.