The Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering – IMGGE (www.imgge.bg.ac.rs) has been awarded a grant financed by the EU to implement the Project SERBORDISInn.
The main objectives of the Project are building up an Expert Centre (ExCe) for molecular genetics (MGs) of rare diseases (RD) in IMGGE, and implementation of novel approaches for improvement of basic and applied biomedical science of RD in IMGGE. The novel methodologies will be chosen to set the stage for future improved research that is going to take place in IMGGE. It is also envisioned that SERBORDISinn Project gives a great contribution to innovation capacity building and improvement of Intellectual Property (IP) and protection of know-how in IMGGE. Additionally, building of strategic partnership and local network is planned with Serbian clinical centers, hospitals SMEs, as well as with potential funding institutions and donors.
Therefore the IMGGE wishes to hire one expert in biology and biochemistry to reinforce research activities of IMGGE and contribute to achieving the Project’s goals and objectives.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Experts in biology and biochemistry will conduct activities related to reinforcement of research potential of IMGGE by introducing new and improving currently used methodology, such as: flow cytometry, different spectrophotometric and fluorimetric assays, protein biochemistry, primary cell culture, stem cell biology, and various approaches in the field of innovative diagnostic platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recommend new systems and processes to improve research potential of IMGGE by introducing new and improving currently used methodology in molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Keep abreast of new cutting-edge molecular biology and biochemistry methodology by reading scientific literature and attending professional conferences.
- Prepare guidelines for new and updated molecular biology and biochemistry methods.
- Introduce new and updated molecular biology and biochemistry methods.
- Test new and updated molecular biology and biochemistry methodology.
- Direct the work of technicians’ staff applying molecular biology and biochemistry methodology.
- Instruct other researchers in IMGGE in the new and updated molecular biology and biochemistry methodology.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine specific research strategies.
- Provide the proficiency of the Project tasks.
- Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or Project reports.
- Develop and design of multiplex diagnostic test kit(s).
- PhD degree in molecular biology or biochemistry
- Minimum 3 years of research experience.
- Hands-on experience in the activities defined in the Scope of the Work and Job Functions.
- Good publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative cross-functional environment.
Candidates are invited to send their CVs no later than August 26th, 2015 via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be invited to an interview.